This position is responsible for safety efforts/activity and security at plant level. Administers facility Worker’s Compensation, OSHA compliance programming and necessary medical care/case management.
Essential Functions/Primary Responsibilities:
• Marzetti Operational Excellence (MOE) Safety Pillar Champion for facility.
• Coordinates facility Behavior Based Safety program for facility, including analysis of data collected from observations.
• Coordinates and consults with other Marzetti facilities regarding compliance and policy matters.
• Participates in the development of safety and health policies, practices and procedures.
• Ensure regular and on-going hazard identification and abatement programming in the facility.
• Represents company’s interests in compliance enforcement actions and civil litigation.
• Responsible for accident investigation, oversees abatement of causation.
• Performs safety inspection/preparation of annual safety audit of facility by corporate.
• Administers Worker’s Compensation for accidents/injuries, documentation, medical treatment and follow-up(s) & record retention.
• Coordinates OSHA required training for employees and maintains OSHA required documentation for plant programs.
• Maintains OSHA and Worker’s Compensation required documentation of injury/accident data.
• Works with HR to conduct/coordinate all location safety/certification training records & compliance data as required.
• Maintains close working relationship with all departments and responds to deviations from standards immediately.
• Provides analysis of trends & costs associated with safety to Management.
• Ensures compliance to all federal, state and local laws and company policies.
• Ensures compliance to quality, food safety and HAACP support programs where applicable; assures conformity to all company, customer and government standards.
• Ensures compliance to all safety requirements and policies.
• Provides and coordinates training, direction, development, evaluation, coaching and leadership to subordinates.
• Maintains good employee, corporate and community relations.
• Coordinates with department managers and shift supervisors to ensure an incident-free shift start-up.
• Compile & submit information for all required department, corporate monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
• Maintains company standards for cleanliness, housekeeping and safety in the plant area.
• Performs other duties/responsibilities as assigned by Management.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and results of the Safety / Security function at T. Marzetti Company. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, training, scheduling, appraising and investigating incidents; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints/grievances, resolving problems and interpreting policies.
• Strong interpersonal skills and self-motivated.
• Ability to communicate well with employees and Management
• Good organizational skills.
• Good understanding of operations.
• Experience with Safety, Security, OHSA, & Worker’s Comp in a manufacturing environment, preferably a food industry
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred, 5 years of experience in EHS profession necessary.
Works in an office and manufacturing environment where the employee is regularly required to speak, read, hear, sit, stand, walk, and occasionally bend while moving about the facility. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes, odors, dust, oil, slippery floors and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the office is moderate and loud in the plant. Earplugs, hairnets, beardnets (if facial hair exists), safety glasses and slip-resistant /steel-toe shoes are required in the plant in accordance with company GMP and safety standards.