Cleans and sanitizes the entire processing and packaging area and all production machinery used in any given workday and down days. To ensure the entire plant is kept in a clean and neat condition.
1. Correctly washes and sanitizes all processing equipment, pumps, and transfer lines, mixers, molding equipment, ovens, silos, and other such production equipment.
2. Cleans entire processing work areas including tables, conveyors, floors, walls, overheads, air hoses and dust collectors, air and electric drops, scales, and wall-mounted items such as fire extinguishers, sinks, soap and paper towel dispensers.
3. Empties and cleans all trash receptacles in production and warehouse areas.
4. Keep all production floors clean from product.
5. Empties and cleans bread modules as required.
6. Operate hydraulic compactor equipment.
7. Washes plastic curtains in processing rooms and production areas.
8. Bales residual corrugated.
9. Follows master sanitation schedule as instructed by supervisor.
10. Cleans all restroom and lunchroom facilities.
11. Cleans all floors by using floor scrubbers, vacuums and mops.
12. Cleans up debris and refuse from exterior of plant.
13. Adheres to company policies, procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Sanitation Operating Procedure, Lockout/Tagout Procedures and other safety policies.
14. Maintains a quality-oriented attitude in the workplace.
15. Works in a safe and accident-free manner.
16. Performs all other jobs as assigned by the supervisor or manager.
1. Maintain a safe work area.
2. Follow safety procedures.
3. Maintain proper food safety conditions.
4. Use Good Manufacturing Practices.
5. Must be prompt and willing to work overtime as required. Weekend availability is required.
6. The use of Personal Protective Equipment is required.
1. Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisor.
2. Repeated heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds) is involved.
3. Pushing and pulling up to 1,000 pound modules.
4. Need to be able to work in a hot environment.
5. Must be able to work above ground at heights up to 20’.
6. Must work in an industrial environment and handle sanitizing chemicals and non-toxic food products.
7. Handling of chemicals during cleaning may be required.
8. Must be able to read and comprehend instruction sheets provided with cleaning chemicals.
9. Training in forklift and pallet jack operation helpful.
10. Mechanical ability is required.
11. Must be able to perform the essential job requirement without accommodation.
12. Operation of motorized lifts is required.