Perform inspection and a variety of packing duties required for all products produced at New York Frozen Foods. This includes but is not limited to, slotting of bread, indexing of bread (bagged or not), stacking of bread slices, packing finished product in cases, stacking of finished cases on pallets, feeding of bread slices; check weighing of finished cases, area cleanup as required by the supervisor and in keeping with the NYFF Employee Area Acceptance Program. Receives verbal and/or written instructions from Supervisor.
1) Reaching, bending, stretching as required to lift, handle, and or inspect product.
2) Maintain production pace.
3) Understand product specifications for product being packed, inform supervisor of deviations from those specifications.
4) Monitor function of equipment to which you work in proximity, make supervisor aware of any concerns regarding its function or safety.
5) Lifting as required up to 15 lbs to a height of 72”.
6) Function in close quarters as a member of a team.
1. Maintain a safe work area
2. Follow safety procedures
3. Maintain proper food safety conditions
4. Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices for food manufacturing facilities.
5. Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
1. Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisor and other employees regarding production requirements, condition of baked product and any mechanical concerns.
2. Must show up on time and work weekends as scheduled.
3. Must be able to stand for an 8-hour shift with a 30-minute lunch break.
4. Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds to a height of approx. 72”.
5. Perform a variety of bending, stretching and twisting motions as required for the pack line to which you are assigned.
6. Must be able to perform the essential job requirements without accommodation.
7. Ability to work independently and with others and remain productive at all times.