Responsible for implementation of existing processes and configuring manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve productivity and develop best practices within the production process.
Directs the plant’s production activities on a designated shift in a safe and efficient manner to achieve the desired quality, quantity and timely production of product. Assures quality and safety while achieving established goals and objectives.
· Maintains highest standard of Safety for all functions on an ongoing basis and ensures compliance for self and others to OSHA standards.
· Ensures a disciplined and safe work environment.
· Responsible for providing a safe working environment including compliance with company, state, local and federal policies and regulations.
· Ensures company standards for cleanliness, food and equipment safety and efficient productivity.
· Ensures plant & maintenance area to be in compliance with Quality standards.
· Ensures compliance to quality, food safety and HAACP support programs; assures conformity to all company, customer and government standards.
TEAMWORK: · Effectively communicates verbally and written with Team Members, Management, Customers & Vendors and ensures compliance to this.
· Works respectfully with all team members to ensure the Safety, Quality, production and support of our products and goals on a daily basis.
· Ensure proper staff coordination and communication.
· Actively participates as a member of the factory's Sr. Leadership team; special projects or tasks when necessary.
· Provides training, direction, development, evaluation, coaching and leadership and mentoring to subordinates.
· Use modern management techniques to promote team building and to allow decision making at the lowest level.
· Actively participates in department/shift/team meetings and facilitates improvement/resolutions & follow-up to employees.
· Responsible for the coordination of materials, equipment and employees on a given shift in order to produce quality hearth-baked product as efficiently as possible.
· Supervise a team of employees in the most efficient method within all rules and regulations established by NYFF to achieve all established goals
·Maintain good employee relations
· Establish and guide proactive training programs for the growth and development of all employees.
· Enforce all quality, safety, security and NYFF policies, rules and regulations to eliminate all potential injury factors from the workplace
· Ensure all production line set-ups and changeovers are efficiently coordinated to minimize downtime
· Coordinate all production activities and procedures in order to meet all thru-put and efficiency goals
· Train employees and implement all programs to minimize waste and increase recovery of product
· Ensure all food safety and quality standards are maintained
· Utilize all available resources and support groups to meet or exceed all NYFF goals
· Be the leader of a team approach to accountability and ownership
· Follow and enforce all union contract standards
· Ensure all daily schedules are attainable in regards to equipment, employees, and raw materials
·Follow on a daily basis all labor standards and ensure the plat and operation are kept in a clean and orderly manner
· Communicate and enforce all NYFF and government standards and programs.
· Be a leader to all NYFF employees in a manner, appearance and behavior
· Be a team player with all departments
· 3-5 years of relevant experience.
·Working knowledge of scheduling and production processes.
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
· Analytical thinker with interpersonal skills.
· Positive leadership and self-motivation skills.
· Strong organizational abilities, capable of multi-tasking.
· Working knowledge of manufacturing equipment, mechanical processes and proven troubleshooting skills.
· Ability to read & interpret written & verbal direction while working in a safe, effective & productive manner within a fast paced environment.
Works in a manufacturing environment where the employee is regularly required to speak, read and comprehend, sit, stand, walk, reach, lift, grasp, climb and bend while working in a fast-paced production environment. May be required to work outside of regular business hours and/or weekends, as needed. The employee is regularly exposed to heat, fumes, odors, dust, oil, slippery floors, moving parts/equipment and non-toxic industrial waste and scrap. The noise level in the plant is loud. Earplugs, hairnets and steel toed shoes are required.
SLIP-RESISTANT/Steel-toed SHOES, Earplugs, hairnets, beard nets (if facial hair exists) are required to be worn/used in accordance with company GMP and Safety standards.