You know our products, you have probably purchased many!! Join the company leading the way in consumer packaged goods…T. Marzetti Company!!
When you join the T. Marzetti Company, you’re joining a trustworthy and proud organization that recognizes people are our greatest asset. In our plants, you’ll have an opportunity to work for an industry leader in consumer packaged goods.
With our company, you get work life balance, inviting and fun culture, attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package, career opportunities, and more. NOW is the time to join The Better Food Company!!
Directs and manages the overall housekeeping and sanitation of food contact areas and manufacturing equipment to ensure compliance to required standards for cleanliness. Assures quality and safety while achieving established goals and objectives.
• Coordinates shift activities through planning and communication with employees to ensure all sanitation objectives are accomplished in a timely, cost-effective and safe manner.
• Develops and controls plans and budgets for the sanitation area.
• Develops and implements a master sanitation schedule/program for all processing and packaging equipment and storage vessels in accordance with company and FDA standards.
• Monitors CIP equipment to ensure proper operation by shift personnel.
• Oversees the storage and use of cleaning chemicals within the warehouse to prevent unauthorized access or use.
• Controls and minimizes overtime labor and maintenance costs.
• Monitors the usage of all cleaning/sanitizing chemicals and agents to ensure compliance to safety requirements.
• Maintains close working relationship with QA and responds to deviations from standards immediately.
• Ensures compliance to all federal, state and local laws and company policies.
• Provides training, direction, development, evaluation, coaching and leadership to subordinates.
• Maintains good employee, corporate and community relations.
• Coordinates with department managers and shift supervisors to ensure a trouble-free shift start-up.
• Maintains company standards for cleanliness, housekeeping and safety in the plant area.
• Ensures compliance to quality, food safety and HAACP support programs; assures conformity to all company, customer and government standards.
• Other duties/responsibilities as assigned by Management
• 3-5 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a food-related industry.
• Associates degree in business or equivalent experience/training in Sanitation, CIP systems and chemical usage.
• Working knowledge of sanitation equipment, methods and chemicals and with machinery in general.
• BS/BA degree in business or industrial management or related field preferred.
Directly supervises 2-3 Leads, who in turn assist in supervising 10-20 employees in sanitation activities throughout the plant. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and results of the sanitation program. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, appraising and terminating employees; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints/grievances and resolving problems.
Works in an office and manufacturing environment where the employee is regularly required to speak, see, hear, read, sit, stand, walk, and bend while moving about the facility. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes, odors, dust, oil, slippery floors, chemicals, and moving equipment. The noise level in the office and plant is moderate. Hairnets, beardnets (if facial hair exists), slip-resistant / steel-toed shoes, safety glasses and earplugs are required in the plant in accordance with GMP and safety standards.