You know our products, you have probably purchased many!! Join the company leading the way in consumer packaged goods…T. Marzetti Company!!
When you join the T. Marzetti Company, you’re joining a trustworthy and proud organization that recognizes people are our greatest asset. In our plants, you’ll have an opportunity to work for an industry leader in consumer packaged goods.
With our company, you get work life balance, inviting and fun culture, attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package, career opportunities, and more. NOW is the time to join The Better Food Company!!
T. Marzetti Company is looking for someone to direct and manage all warehouse functions at the Horse Cave Plant. This position plans, organizes and monitors the receiving, storage, and distribution of raw materials and supplies to ensure these items are stored or delivered to the proper areas/departments in an efficient, timely manner during an assigned shift. Also monitors the shipment of finished product and goods.
· Maintains highest standard of Safety for all funtions on an ongoing basis and ensures compliance for self and others to OSHA standards.
· Performs daily inspection of all PPE required including but not limited to SLIP-RESISTANT/STEEL-TOED SHOES, safety glasses, gloves, shields & and aprons to ensure good overall condition of items that provide optimal personal safety & protection while working in the production area.
· Successfully aquires and maintains Company Industrial Truck and Lift Certification and safely performs all functions in accordance to OHSA and company requirements and standards.
· Performs proper housekeeping, uses appropriate personal protective equipment for tasks and ensures compliance for department.
· Responsible for providing a safe working environment including compliance with company, state, local and federal policies and regulations.
· Ensures company standards for cleanliness, food and equipment safety and efficient productivity.
· Ensures warehouse area to be in compliance with Quality standards.
· Ensures compliance to quality, food safety and HAACP support programs; assures conformity to all company, customer and government standards.
· Effectively communicates verbally and written with Team Members, Management, Customers & Vendors and ensures compliance to this.
· Works respectfully with all team members to ensure the Safety, Quality, production and support of our products and goals on a daily basis.
· Ensure proper staff coordination and communication.
· Use modern management techniques to promote team building and to allow decision making at the lowest level.
· Provides training, direction, development, evaluation, coaching and leadership to subordinates.
· Actively participates in special projects or tasks when necessary.
· Actively participates in department/shift/team meetings and is involved with suggestions of improvement/resolutions & follow-up to employees.
· Promotes integrety, respect, accountability,continuous improvement and positive interactions with all Team Members, customers & vendors.
· Coordinates overall warehousing activities through planning and communication with supervisors to ensure all shipping and receiving & production warehousing objectives are accomplished in a timely, cost-effective and safe manner.
· Coordinates the preventative maintenance program for warehouse equipment, ensuring that both preventative maintenance programs and repairs are completed to maintain the equipment in an efficient, safe operating condition.
· Monitors storage racking, tanks, and other structures to ensure the safe storage of all materials.
· Oversees the rotation of inventories within the warehouse to prevent spoilage or outdated product or material.
· Controls and minimizes overtime labor costs, maintenance costs, out-of-stocks, and receiving/shipping selection errors.
· Coordinates with other department managers to ensure proper purchasing, processing, packaging, accounting and inventory control activities and procedures.
· Monitors the unloading of all materials being received to ensure compliance to safety requirements.
· Resolves discrepancies with plant accounting regarding invoices/packing slips/receiver reports/inventory levels.
· Responsible for meeting established warehouse objectives and controls and minimizes the overtime labor costs, maintenance / repair costs and equipment downtime.
· Works with HR for hiring, training and scheduling of production work force.
· Responsible for & maintains positive employee, corporate and community relations along with appropriate interface with customer service, vendors & contractors.
· Regular Attendance is required in accordance with Company attendance policy and procedures.
· Performs tasks or responsibilities as assigned by Management.
· 2-3 years warehouse and leadership experience in a manufacturing environment required, perferrably food-related industry.
· Working knowledge of receiving, warehouse and material handling operations, methods and practices.
· Demonstrated ability to appropriately work with confidential information and situations and manage correspondance.
· Positive leadership and self-motivation skills.
· Must be able to successfully obtain industrial truck and lift operating certification and safely maintain per company and OSHA standards.
· Strong organizational abilities, capable of multi-tasking.
· Working knowledge of manufacturing effective staffing, scheduling, budgets, equipment mechanical processes with proven troubleshooting and resolution aptitude.
· Ability to read & interpret written & verbal direction while working in a safe, effective & productive manner within a fast paced environment.
· Degree in Warehouse Management or related field preferred; High School Diploma or GED required.
Works in an office and manufacturing environment where the employee is regularly required to speak, read and comprehend, sit, stand, walk, reach, lift, grasp, climb and bend while working in a fast-paced production environment. Must be able to push/pull or lift up to 50 pounds short distances.May be required to work overtime and/or weekends as needed. The employee is regularly exposed to heat, fumes, odors, dust, oil, slippery floors, moving parts/equipment and non-toxic industrial waste and scrap. The noise level in the plant is loud.
SLIP-RESISTANT/Steel-toed SHOES, Earplugs, safety glasses, hairnets, beardnets (if facial hair exists) are required to be worn/used in accordance with company GMP and Safety standards. Condition of these items must be inspected by employee daily and be replaced when no longer providing the optimal protection of the employee.