Highly visible position at T. Marzetti's premier flagship factory, located in beautiful Horse Cave Kentucky. The Maintenance Manager will lead the site maintenance function in providing both a reactive and proactive, multi-skilled maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure. Responsible for planned scheduling creation and overseeing the adherence and timely completion of work carried out. Increase the site operational effectiveness, improve on project delivery, mean time between failure and downtime reduction, and manage and implement improvement plans, driving Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) ensuring that Health, Safety, and Environmental requirements are adhered to. Manage the team on technical best practice and establish standard policies and procedures whilst also mentoring and leading the department. Implement and manage continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practice and processes. The company is looking for a high energy change agent to help the site develop a new mindset, culture, and the way we do our daily work
• Develop and maintains proactive employee relations programs.
• Effectively communicates verbally and written with all Team Members, customers & vendors and ensures compliance to this.
• Works respectfully with all team members to ensure the Safety, Quality, production and support of our products and goals on a daily basis.
• Actively participates in department/shift/team daily directional setting meetings helping to prioritize actions
• Exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the organization.
• Responsible for good community relations and appropriate interface with customer service.
• Promotes integrity, respect, accountability, continuous improvement and positive interactions with all Team Members, customers & vendors.
• Develops and refines the PM program in a systematic and professional manner-coordinating all efforts with equipment custodians and maintenance to ensure the program is properly approved and endorsed by all departments.
• Directs maintenance prioritization, planning and execution for the site.
• Prepares facility maintenance and maintenance projects between contractors and maintenance.
• Manages maintenance schedulers in scheduling of work, developing and setting objectives, monitoring of progress, and the evaluation of results.
• Analyses problems and/or trends in plant maintenance and recommends appropriate resolutions to minimize production downtime for all areas of the plant.
• Staffs and directs staff activities to provide quality, cost-effective support for all electrical, mechanical, information, and process control systems while assuring compliance with Sarbanes Oxley.
• Evaluates major sources of machine downtime and creates action plans to improve machine efficiency and reliability.
• Communicates with the operating departments to maintain system awareness and identify opportunities and provide technical expertise for optimization of the process control systems.
• Coordinates corporate technology strategies with the information systems shared services group.
• Optimizes plant energy usage.
• Plans scheduled downtimes, shutdowns and maintenance projects.
• Manages the execution of major construction and maintenance projects.
• Responsible for complying with government regulations which include Federal, State and Local requirements. This includes ensuring that proper records and facility responsibilities are maintained.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field preferred or equivalent experience
• Proven track record of successful maintenance management and/or plant engineering, preferably in a food manufacturing environment.
• Previous experience within high speed filling, 24x7 environment.
• 7-10 years’ experience in a management role
• Experience in mechanical and/or systems related technical training or equivalent experience.
• Functional understanding of predictive and preventive maintenance programs, work order systems and world-class maintenance systems is desired.
• Previous experience using a Computer Maintenance Management system (CMMS) preferred.
• Must possess analytical troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent communication skills, proven capability to lead change in a team environment, as well as communicating results to senior leadership
• Continuous improvement/lean manufacturing experience preferred.
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook, Timekeeping software, PM management software
• Strong team builder, mentor, coach, and influential leader; with a history of building trust and effecting change
• Demonstrated ability to appropriately work with confidential information and situations and manage correspondence.
• Positive, energetic leadership and self-motivation skills, who is an advocate for change and serves as a change catalyst
• Ability to read & interpret written & verbal direction while working in a safe, effective & productive manner within a fast paced environment.
• Mult-craft/multi-skilled with working knowledge in electrical, electrical controls, mechanical, pneumatics, hydraulics and fabrication.
Functional / Technical Skills
Integrity and Trust
Quality Decision Making
Managing and Measuring
Internal & External Customer Focus
Works in an office and manufacturing environment where the employee is regularly required to speak, read and comprehend, sit, stand, walk, reach, lift, grasp, climb and bend while working in a fast-paced production environment. Must be able to push/pull or lift up to 50 pounds for short distances. The Employee may be required to work overtime and/or weekends as needed. The employee is regularly exposed to heat, fumes, odors, dust, oil, slippery floors, moving parts/equipment and non-toxic industrial waste and scrap. The noise level in the plant is loud.
SLIP-RESISTANT/Steel-toed SHOES, Earplugs, safety glasses, hairnets, beard nets (if facial hair exists) are required to be worn/used in accordance with company GMP and Safety standards. Condition of these items must be inspected by employee daily and be replaced when no longer providing the optimal protection of the employee.