Supports the enterprise by providing clear and concise analysis that enables management to make better informed decisions. Analysis centered on product/customer profitability, revenue, trade and marketing spend, input costs and all other lines of the income statement.
• Participate in a high energy and fast paced team environment to provide financial analysis, understand implications of data and impact on business. Ultimately, be able to identify and distill data into actionable insights that support business units in critical decision making processes.
• Daily, weekly, monthly and other period reporting and performance analysis, including the updating and maintenance of these reports in a timely and accurate manner.
• Preparation of other financial analysis such as sales price variances versus raw material cost variances and manufacturing product costing impacts.
• Complete regular variance reporting of actual results versus budget and prior period; including research and resolution of business unit inquiries.
• Leverage competitive financial statements and annual report research for benchmarking financial performance metrics and indicators.
• Provide data and analytical support of the long term strategic plan.
• Perform ad hoc analyses, reporting, and projects as requested.
• Partner with key leaders to build relationships and better understand trends as it relates to business performance.
• 5+ years of financial analysis experience, preferably within consumer packaged goods
• Functional experience and a solid understanding of accounting practices, costing and P&L Management
• High level of proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel for automating reporting, processing large volume data and interfacing with corporate reporting systems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for interacting with various levels of the organization
• Ability to perform analysis of business information and identify trends
• Ability to manage and execute multiple concurrent tasks to meet deadlines
• High level of attention to detail to ensure accuracy of business reporting
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required; MBA preferred
Works in a normal office environment where the employee is regularly required to speak, see, hear, sit, stand, talk, type, walk and bend while moving about the facility. The noise level in the office is quiet.