You know our products, you have probably purchased many!! Join the company leading the way in consumer packaged goods…T. Marzetti Company!!
When you join the T. Marzetti Company, you’re joining a trustworthy and proud organization that recognizes people are our greatest asset. In our plants, you’ll have an opportunity to work for an industry leader in consumer packaged goods.
With our company, you get work life balance, inviting and fun culture, attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package, career opportunities, and more. NOW is the time to join The Better Food Company!!
This position assists multiple departments at the plant level. For Accounting, this position coordinates the accounting accuracy of all materials and supplies for plant operations, and daily production reporting and inventory. For Purchasing, this position reviews packaging inventory and makes decisions concerning ordering to meet plant and production needs. Also is responsible for ordering all non-production related items (does not include Maintenance items) in Tabware.
• Upholds company standards for confidentiality of all sensitive information.
• Answer telephones – transfer calls or take messages for entire facility.
• Greet visitors in a cheerful and professional manner, determine the nature of their visit, route them accordingly, and give GMP information and necessary PPE.
• Typing, data entry, filing, organizing, maintaining & retention.
• Enters all requisitions in Tabware (backup to maintenance) and gets approval from Accounting or Assistant Plant Manager.
• Reviews packaging inventory and places PO’s to vendors as needed. Ensures that inventory levels meet guidelines.
• Enters PO’s in Prism as needed for raw ingredients or packaging material.
• Works with vendors to expedite or push out ingredients or packaging material as needed.
• Closes daily Schedules and reviews production reports for accuracy and yield factors.
• Provides data for weekly update & compiles update.
• Assists in gathering information for plant/corporate monthly, quarterly and annually.
• Performs special projects as requested.
• Keys & Audits production models.
• Assists with year-end inventory.
• Assists and serves as backup to the following departments: Accounting, HR, Purchasing, and Safety
• Assists in maintaining positive employee, corporate and community relations.
• Ensures compliance to quality, food safety, 5S, OSHA and HACCP support programs; assures conformity to all company, customer and government standards and ensures compliance to all federal, state and local laws and company policies.
• Performs other duties/responsibilities as required or directed by Management.
• Ability to appropriately work with confidential information and situations
• Cheerful personality and ability to greet, converse and instruct people in a professional manner.
• 3-5 years experience in production planning, inventory control or purchasing, preferably in a food-related manufacturing industry.
• Strong organizational abilities, capable of multi-tasking with understanding of computer systems.
• Experience in accurate record generation, maintaining and retention
• Ability to accurately file, order supplies and mange correspondence.
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
Works primarily in an office environment, with 25% or less time in a manufacturing environment, where the employee is regularly required to speak, read, sit, stand, walk, climb, crouch, lift, reach, grasp and bend while moving about the facility. Requires some lifting of moderately heavy items such as file boxes. May be required to work overtime and/or weekends as needed. The employee may periodically be exposed to non-ambient temperatures, odors, dust, oil, slippery floors, moving parts/equipment. The noise level in the office is moderate and loud in the plant. Ear protection, eye/face protection, hair/beard nets, steel-toed/slip-resistant shoes, and gloves are required as necessary in accordance with company GMP and safety standards.