Maintains the machine within acceptable tolerances, maintains ongoing production while keeping raw material scrap as low as possible, and performs product changeovers. Performs minor maintenance and adjustments to the machine as needed.
Essential Functions/Primary Responsibilities:
• Sets up machine prior to shift start up if needed.
• Monitors, records, and adjusts weights to set standards.
• Maintains standard production quantities/rates for each product.
• Maintains machine by making adjustments to reduce errors, downtime and scrap.
• Recycles scrap back into production.
• Keeps machine operational by adding necessary flour and cleaning where necessary.
• Maintains company standards for cleanliness, food safety and productivity in the sheeting area.
• Communicates with supervisors, quality personnel, panners, and proofer operator to ensure weights, sizes, quality and machine speeds are correct.
• Observes machine operation to detect malfunctions; makes minor adjustments/repairs; communicates mechanical problems to maintenance personnel.
• Ensures compliance to quality, food safety and HAACP support programs; assures conformity to all company, customer and government standards.
• High school diploma or GED certificate required.
• Basic mechanical aptitude and math skills are required.
• Prior machine operating experience in a food manufacturing environment preferred.
Works in a manufacturing environment where the employee is regularly required to speak, read, sit, stand, walk, reach, lift and bend while moving about the facility. Must be able to move 75 pounds a distance of 25 feet or more. Must be able to stand for a 10-hour shift (sometimes longer) with two paid 15 minute breaks and one unpaid 30 minute break period. May be required to work overtime and/or weekends as needed. The employee is regularly exposed to heat, fumes, odors, dust, oil, slippery floors, moving parts/equipment and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the plant is loud. Earplugs, hairnets, and steel toed shoes are required in the plant in accordance with company GMP and safety standards