Directs and manages all Human Resources functions at the plant level, including employee relations, staffing, orientation, benefits administration, payroll, training, and compliance to federal, state, and local employment laws and company policies. The position supports two plants in the Alabama, located in the Luverne and Mobile markets.
Essential Functions/Primary Responsibilities:
Directly supervises one or more human resources and/or administrative assistants. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and results of the HR function. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, appraising and terminating employees; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints/grievances, resolving problems and interpreting policies.
• Coordinates overall HR activities through planning and communication with department managers and supervisors to ensure the overall plant HR objectives are accomplished in a timely, cost-effective and safe manner.
• Develops and controls plans and budgets for the HR area
• Develops and implements cost-effective staffing programs/policies to maintain required plant staffing levels.
• Processes payroll and attendance tracking for all salaried plant employees.
• Works with Safety/Security Manager to conduct or coordinate all location safety/certification training records and compliance data as required.
• Develops, coordinates and conducts knowledge/skill, policy and supervisory training for employees/supervisors.
• Administers Secure Perfect Program to ensure accuracy and compliance of Security Policy.
• Administers and coordinates the corporate benefits programs.
• Maintains updated job descriptions and employee handbooks for all plant employees.
• Ensures compliance to all federal, state and local laws and company policies.
• Reviews with and advises supervisors and managers on all policy interpretations, disciplinary actions and terminations to ensure consistency and fair treatment.
• Maintains positive employee, corporate and community relations.
• Compiles and submits information for all required plant/corporate monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
• Maintains confidential electronic and hard-copy employee data, files and records for the location.
• Maintains compliance, training and records for food security program.
• Ensures compliance to quality, food safety and HAACP support programs; assures conformity to all company, customer and government standards.
• Other duties / responsibilities as assigned by Management.
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field preferred. Minimum of 2 years of post-secondary education in human resources, business or related field, required.
• Minimum of 3 years of prior experience in a human resources or similar position, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
• PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
Works in an office and manufacturing environment where the employee is regularly required to speak, see, hear, sit, stand, walk, and bend while moving about the facility. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes, odors, dust, oil, slippery floors, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the office is moderate and loud in the plant. Earplugs, hairnets, beardnets (if facial hair exists), safety glasses, and slip-resistant / steel-toed shoes are required in the plant in accordance with company GMP and safety standards.