The Shift Supervisor supervises and coordinates all activities of production as it relates to output, quality, and efficiency. The Shift Supervisor is also responsible for enforcing all rules set forth by Angelic Bakehouse.
• Ensure proper staffing levels are maintained.
• Monitor production to be sure all products are produced to the established specifications and quality as set forth by Angelic Bakehouse.
• Record and keep proper levels of inventory and guard against excessive usage, theft, and obsolescence. Report inventory levels as required to the Production Manager.
• Ensure all sanitation procedures have been completed on a timely basis and that all guidelines are being followed.
• Participate in the training of all rules, regulations, and job responsibilities related to Safety, GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices) and 5S.
• Assist in all departments to keep efficiency up and ensure all proper methods are followed.
• Secure building when necessary, ensuring all freezers, coolers, etc. are secure before leaving.
• Assist in the coordination and planning of company Lean events.
• Supervise the daily activities of the associates in the department.
• Evaluate and counsel employees to achieve desired performance and take disciplinary measures with any associates not doing so, following the established guidelines up to recommending termination.
Safety and Health
• Conduct regular work site reviews to ensure that associates are working in a safe and proper manner and that personal protective equipment is being worn.
• Monitor the condition of all machinery and equipment in the department. Notify the maintenance department of any needed repairs and maintenance, making sure the work is completed in a timely manner.
• In the event of an accident or injury, investigate the accident and prepare the necessary reports as directed.
• Enforce the rules and regulations of Angelic Bakehouse and OSHA as set forth in the respective manuals or documents.
• Maintain accurate records for associate attendance histories, disciplinary actions, promotions, etc.
• Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reports as directed.
Supervisory Responsibility: Supervises Leads. May have other direct or indirect reports.
• Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Secondary education generally equivalent to two years of college with course work in processing or management is preferred.
• Two to five years related experience.
• Stress and time management skills.
• Manufacturing experience.
• Ability to problem solve effectively and efficiently.
• Effective oral and written communication, bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
• Excellent organizational and follow-up skills.
• Ability to exercise some independent decision-making in areas of responsibility, with close communication. All spending must be reviewed with and approved by the Plant and Operations Manager.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the employee will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate in the office, but may be very loud in the production and packaging areas. Temperatures in the office are moderate, but the plant has cold to freezing temperature areas. Working Conditions: Long hours of mental activity are frequent. Deadlines are short and information accuracy critical, which makes for a stressful work environment on a daily basis. Plant environment on a daily basis. Hairnets, beardnets (if facial hair exists) and slip-resistant shoes are required in the plant in accordance with company GMP and safety standards.