Direct and lead the project commercialization process for the Branded Foodservice category and participate / lead Stage Gate Meetings. This individual interfaces extensively with all levels of Consumer Marketing, Customer Development, Finance, Technology, Quality, and all functions within Supply Chain (Procurement, Manufacturing and Customer Service & Logistics), to deliver projects within the specified time, cost and quality parameters. Direct the product change process in a business category through the implantation and facilitation of Stage Gate process and tools.
· Maintain best in class Stage Gate process for business
· Attend and if needed facilitate Retail Stage Gate meetings. Ensure compliance to new processes driving discipline to newly established principles and standardized ways of working
· Lead cross-functional teams in the development and implementation of a broad, coordinated set of projects to meet the revenue, volume, growth, productivity and quality goals and priorities of the category.
· Facilitate the definition of project scopes, goals, tasks and resource (people and cost) requirements; resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional groups; develop methods to monitor project progress and provide corrective action if necessary.
· Ensure that project scopes and timing take into consideration minimizing waste (raw, pack and finished goods write-offs) and reducing complexity (utilizing existing asset platforms, managing -----sku proliferation) to the business system; champion these activities within the business and project teams.
· Ensure that suitable risk assessment and contingency planning (for relevant projects) takes place, is communicated and agreed upon by all stakeholders and is acted on if necessary to keep the project on track or to accelerate the project if the business need exists.
· Facilitate the category stage gate process (through all tools); ensure all projects are properly documented and have been reviewed and agreed upon by all appropriate stakeholders; ensure project status’ are communicated to the teams in a timely matter and maintain a category project listing of all programs.
· Continuously improve the project management toolkits used within Marzetti; enable best practice sharing by ensuring all projects are properly closed out and key learning’s are documented.
· Initiate the finished good Masterdata setup (ISS forms) and communicate completed information to all stakeholders so all information systems can be properly set up to produce, ship, sell and invoice our products.
· Facilitate the Discontinuation process as outlined to ensure that all items identified for discontinuation are completed on time.
· Minimum 5 years experience in a consumer products environment, typically with 3 years experience of supply chain / production / procurement / R&D / project management.
· Desired experience in Foodservice business
· Building Effective Teams
· Customer Focus
· Interpersonal Savvy
· Drive for Results
· Priority Setting
· Directing Others
· Comfort Around Higher Management
· Open office environment with minimal standing / lifting. Noise level is realativly quiet
· Management of the category’s project portfolio requires extensive influence across many levels and functions. Strong relationships and effective partnerships with internal functions, e.g. Marketing, Sales, Finance, Supply Chain (Customer Service & Logistics, Manufacturing and Procurement), RD&Q, Legal, Package and Brand Design are instrumental to success.
· The category competes within a dynamic environment and its commercialization agenda must be able to react quickly to changing customer, consumer and internal needs. As a result, the category project portfolio covers a broad array of long term strategic and short term tactical initiatives.