Directs, supervises and evaluates the sales efforts of food brokers and distributors nationally to achieve assigned sales objectives. Forms strategic partnerships with customers to maximize sales and develops plans and establishes goals with each broker, ensuring compliance with all required company policies and procedures.
This position will be based in the New England area
· Hire, train and supervise brokers for open positions; meet at least quarterly to work in the market with each assigned broker.
· Develop sales plans and strategies to ensure each broker meets his/her sales and distribution goals; develop and make sales presentations with the broker to customers; establish sales objectives by market and for the region to include Marzetti Specialty Brands (Cardini, Girards, Romanoff, Inn Maid, Tastefully Dressed, Bibibop).
· Conduct strategic business planning sessions with brokers to encompass all specialty brands.
· Conduct regular business reviews with brokers and customers.
· Analyze broker’s retail and direct selling activity that affect broker changes as needed.
· Manage accrual based funding in TPM system.
· Conduct new item presentations at the customer level.
· Plan, execute and evaluate promotions on all brands.
· Planning, implementation and execution of Distributor & Customer Food Shows
· Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in related field or equivalent experience.
· 4+ years of sales experience in the specialty food segment.
· Previous experience with UNFI and/or KEHE required.
· Strong understanding of specialty distribution networks nationally
· Strong analytical skills and IRI comprehension.
· MS Office experience.
· Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Travel required – 60%