As Food Scientist II Dough and Grain products, this role will lead programs and team(s) of all R&D aspects of Bakery projects including new product development, process development and optimization, cost optimization, quality improvement and technology scouting. This is a key role in the R&D/Quality organization and will provide strong support for both tactical and strategic projects.
· Lead and Support Grain & Dough projects in the Retail and Food Service businesses.
· Provides assistance for product development from concept to successful launch of new products and current product improvements in coordination with other functional departments, such as Marketing.
· Collaborates with Procurement, Technical Services and Operations to optimize, validate and commission raw materials, formulations, processes and manufacturing equipment.
· Assists the R&D Director, others in Dough and Grain R&D, and Brands to build and optimize the Grain & Dough product development strategy, including the advancement of an innovation agenda.
· Investigate and recommend opportunities for controlling cost through smart formulation and processing, and creation/execution of cost savings projects.
· Advises/Assists all departments including but not limited to Operations, QA and Tech Services as needed on any technical issues relating to the Grain & Dough products.
· Ensures products are developed in accordance with food safety principles and standard specifications.
· Ensures compliance with food regulations with particular focus on food labeling by managing the review and corrective activities involving the Regulatory group.
· Stays current with the bakery industry, and relevant technologies critical to future success.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Food Technology Sciences, Food Engineering or Food Science (Biology or Chemistry acceptable with relevant job experience).
· 3-5 years of experience working in Bakery, Grain and Dough applications.
· Strong experimental design and formulation experience
· Ability of developing project support across multiple portfolio and stakeholders
· Experienced with stage gate process as well as process implementation and management.
· Basic business acumen and knowledge of COGS
· Basic knowledge of Food Science/Food Chemistry and Nutrition