This role will be based in Bentonville, Arkansas
The role is the front line and primary customer contact. They will be responsible for all related sales functions; annual customer planning, execution of promotions and strategies, line reviews, volume and profitability achievement, and internal and external customer communication.
· Analytic management of the business, utilizing all the tools available to understand key drivers of the category and Marzetti’s portfolio at Walmart and Sam’s Club.
· Establish and gain internal and external alignment of an annual plan between Marzetti and assigned customers to drive consumption growth.
· Enhance Marzetti’s position with the customer through closer collaboration and partnerships.
· Leadership of key KPIs; distribution, trade spending rates, profitability, in-stocks, fill rate, on-time deliveries, warehouse and customer inventory levels, reduction of markdowns, post audit resolution, and elimination of deductions.
· Clear understanding and full utilization of customer systems (Retail Link & Madrid).
· Close partnership with Demand Planning team to build and maintain on-going arcuate forecasts.
· Communication and coordination of customer requirements, objectives, and processes to ensure superior and the most cost-effective customer service.
· Owns the customer relationship at the buyer level, supports all cross functional interactions with assigned customers.
· Coordinates and leads preparation of all assigned line reviews.
· Manages and reports performance against business objectives.
· Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in related field.
· 3-5 years prior experience in retail sales. (food industry is preferred)
· 2-3 years of Walmart and/or Sam’s Club experience.
· Computer Experience Required. (Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Outlook, Teams, and Retail Link)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Solid working knowledge of CPG business
· Proven leadership skills, initiative and ability to drive results
· Customer focused mindset
· Must maintain confidential information
· Understand the importance of being a team player
· Excellent problem-solving skills, takes initiative
Works in an office environment where the employee is regularly required to speak, see, hear, sit, stand, talk, type, walk and bend while moving about the facility. The noise level in the office is quiet. Occasional travel will be required