Operates equipment to package food products in various sized containers. Maintains the packaging machine within acceptable tolerances, maintains ongoing production while keeping raw and packaging material scrap as low as possible, and performs product changeovers. Performs minor maintenance and adjustments to the machine as needed.
o Sets up machine prior to shift start up if needed.
o Changes packaging materials as needed; ensures packaging materials are correct, in specification and properly positioned in the machine.
o Records all lot information as required.
o Ensures finished product is of high quality, i.e. no packets in registration and within weight control; inspects filled containers to ensure that product is according to specifications.
o Maintains standard production quantities/rates for each product.
o Ensures date codes are accurate and in correct format.
• Maintains company standards for cleanliness, food safety and productivity in the packaging area.
• Replenishes packaging supplies such as film.
• adjustments/repairs; communicates mechanical problems to maintenance personnel.
• Mounts supplies on spindles or places supplies in hoppers or other feeding devices.
• Ensures compliance to quality, food safety and HAACP support programs; assures conformity to all company, customer and government standards.
• Notify supervisor and maintenance of equipment downtime.
o High school diploma or GED certificate required.
• Basic mechanical aptitude and math skills are required.
• Prior machine operating experience in a food manufacturing environment preferred
Works in a manufacturing environment where the employee is regularly required to speak, read, sit, stand, walk, reach, lift and bend while moving about the facility. Must be able to move 75 pounds a distance of 25 feet or more. Must be able to stand for a 10-hour shift (sometimes longer) with two paid 15 minute breaks and one unpaid 30 minute meal period. May be required to work overtime and/or weekends as needed. The employee is regularly exposed to cold, fumes, odors, dust, oil, slippery floors, moving parts/equipment. The noise level in the plant is loud. Earplugs, hairnets, and steel toed shoes are required in the plant in accordance with company GMP and safety standards