Directs and manages all warehouse operations on a designated shift including shipping, receiving, inventory control and administration. Assures quality and safety while achieving established objectives and profitability.
Essential Functions/Primary Responsibilities:
* Coordinates DC activities through planning and communication with warehouse employees to ensure the total warehousing and
distribution objectives for the shift are accomplished in a timely, cost-effective and safe manner.
* Develops and controls plans and budgets.
* Implements cost-effective control systems over capital assets, operating expenditures, manpower and labor costs.
* Establishes and monitors shift DC performance for product movement, quality and safety standards.
* Controls and minimizes overtime labor costs, maintenance/repair costs, downtime and inventory.
* Maintains existing facilities and equipment and recommends replacement or adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when
* Ensures compliance to all federal, state and local laws and company policies.
* Provides direction, development, evaluation, coaching and leadership to subordinates.
* Maintains good employee, corporate and community relations.
* Coordinates with inventory control, warehouse support, corporate customer service and operations coordinators to ensure
warehouse operations and customer service.
* Maintains company’s standards for cleanliness, productivity, and maintenance of the facility and equipment.
* Conduct performance appraisals of associates.
* Perform other duties as required or directed.
* Ensures all training, direction, development, evaluation, coaching and leadership to subordinates are completed as required.
* Ensures compliance to quality, food safety and HAACP support programs; assures conformity to all company, customer and
* 3-5 years of warehouse or production supervisory experience, preferably in a food-related industry.
* Working knowledge of shipping and receiving procedures, inventory control and material handling equipment and procedures.
* Associate degree in business or equivalent experience in warehouse or production management preferred.
* Experience with SAP WMS preferred
* Lean Six Sigma or other continuous improvement experience
Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, training, scheduling, appraising and terminating employees; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Works in an office and warehouse environment where the employee is regularly required to speak, see, read, sit, stand, walk, and occasionally bend while moving about the facility. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes, odors, dust, oil and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the office is moderate and loud in the warehouse. GMP and safety standards will apply.