T. Marzetti Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Lancaster Colony Corporation (NASDAQ: LANC), is a manufacturer and marketer of specialty food products for the retail and foodservice markets. Our retail brands include Marzetti®, New York Bakery™, Sister Schubert’s®, Reames®, Flatout®, Angelic Bakehouse®, and Bantam Bagels®, in addition to exclusive license agreements for Olive Garden® dressings, Chick-fil-A® sauces and Buffalo Wild Wings® sauces. Our foodservice business supplies many of the top restaurant chains in the United States.
At T. Marzetti, our mission is to be The Better Food Company: Better people, that make better products, in a better corporate culture, that work in unison to make the world a better place. Led by our purpose, To Nourish Growth with All that We Do, our more than 3,000 team members are dedicated to innovative and quality products as well as superior service and value for our customers.
Are you looking to be the “good guys” in the food industry?
Look no further than this role with Angelic Bakehouse, your home-grown sprouted whole grain bakery in Milwaukee, WI. We pride ourselves on being non-GMO, whole grain, high-fiber, whole food based, nutritious, simple ingredients…that actually taste GOOD! We bake hearty whole grain breads, vegetable infused wraps, flatbreads, and more, and we need someone to help us get these products into shoppers’ carts and homes!
The Brand Ambassador is someone who will sample our products in retailers, merchandise our products in the grocery stores, and participate in local events. You will be supporting increasing sales, be the live in-person marketing, and be the face of the company.
Your typical workday will look something like this:
• The Brand Ambassador must be available Saturdays and/or Sundays 9 am – 5 pm.
• On Product Demonstration (Demo) Days, the Brand Ambassador will punch-in at 9 AM at the bakery to collect supplies for the day. You will then be on the road to the worksite, and show up to the worksite (grocery retailers like Sendik’s, Outpost Natural Foods, Whole Foods, etc.). Set up a table, inventory product on-shelf, take photos of the sampling table. Then it’s SHOWTIME! Sample the products in a safe way. Be friendly, welcoming, and teach shoppers about the Angelic Bakehouse mission. Hand out coupons! Upsell! Chat with shoppers! After the demo is over, you will then inventory the products, report on a Google Sheet the sales results, pack up, and return to the bakery. Then punch out around 5 pm.
• On Merchandising days, you will drive a route, visiting 10-12 stores to rotate product and report inventory on paper, which will be returned to the bakery at the end of the day.
Occasionally, it may include some of this:
• The Brand Ambassador may also work at various community events throughout the year, such as health fairs and more, as the face of the company. We are always educating consumers on Angelic Bakehouse sprouted grain bread products and encouraging sales of the brand.
• A longer workday for special events.
• Passion for healthy, good food
• Integrity, personal responsibility
• Competitive nature; you thrive on seeing high sales numbers!
• Ability to lift 30 pounds and stand for 4 hours or more at a time.
• Reliable, insured, personal vehicle is required. Mileage is paid at the IRS mileage rate in addition to the hourly pay rate.
• Personal smart cellphone with internet, text, and voice access.
• Excellent communication via text, email, and voice. Submit reports after Demo events during your shift and complete / submit your own expense reports for mileage reimbursement.
• Ability to follow food safety guidelines to keep yourself, our products, and our customers SAFE and HEALTHY.
Education and Related Experience, Qualifications and/or Certifications:
• Some sales/marketing experience preferred, but not required.
• Customer service experience
• Good written and oral communications skills
• Gain experience in sales/marketing
• Gain experience in the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry
• Work independently
• Free products from Angelic Bakehouse, of course!
• Daytime and weekend regularly scheduled hours.
Job Type: Part-Time/Non-benefited - 20 hours per week, may vary.
At T. Marzetti, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect for everyone. We strongly encourage veterans, women, people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.