We are looking for energized individuals that would like to work on our production floor in the packaging area for the 2nd Shift (PM).
The primary responsibilities of the position are to pack product and help throughout the facility. General Helpers in the packing area provide assistance to Operators, Lead and Supervisors, maintain clean working areas and prepare /stage work areas for product and the next shift crew. Responsibilities also include following all company procedures (GMP, Color Codes, Emergency buttons locations; Lock Out / Tag out procedures.
General Helper - Packaging - Starting Rate $16.00 (PM Shift 6pm - 6am; Must be able to work weekends.
• Assist Operators, Line Lead and Production Supervisor
• Rotate when asked and where needed.
• Keep product flowing evenly on the Lematic slicers.
• Pack finished product in designated bag
• When working at the Kwik-lock station make sure that the product is bagged and clipped and labelled properly.
• Make sure that the product is placed properly in the shipping trays, or “frozen boxes.”
• Stack the product trays and “frozen boxes” evenly.
• Transport finished product to designated areas
• Maintain a clean and safe work area (sweep and pick up trash)
• Must be able to count
• Prepare work area for upcoming product and leave area ready for next crew (get trays and bags)
• Know where emergency STOP and START/STOP buttons are located
• When necessary, wear gloves while handling product
• Follow all company GMP procedures
• Support without hesitation General Plant Safety, Food Safety, Food Défense Initiatives and Good Manufacturing Practices with an understanding that these are absolutes and are Priority #1.
• Perform all special requests by the Production Supervisor or Line Lead
• Working around power equipment, slippery floors and dusty areas.
• Very hot conditions during summer seasons.
• Protective clothing such as uniform, gloves and slip resistant shoes may be required
Work requires some physical strain such as long periods of standing, bending, pushing, pulling and lifting overhead. Must be able to lift approximately 35 pounds over head.