The Quality Assurance Technician conducts physical product inspection of raw ingredients, work in progress and finished products in support of manufacturing and Operations. Additionally, the technician provides feedback of product checks to Operations for decision-making purposes. This Position requires a general knowledge of quality assurance. This position is to be ensuring the best quality products.
Quality Assurance Technician - Starting Rate $21.00 (5pm - 5am; Must be able to work weekends)
• Support without hesitation General Plant Safety, Food Safety, Food Défense Initiatives and Good Manufacturing Practices with an understanding that these are absolutes and are Priority #1
• Monitor finished product which includes review for completeness, label check, weight check, and visual inspection of final product and verify all product is being produced according to specification at all times and report any concern to production supervision. Control the product quality as it is an absolute priority
• Monitor all processing areas for food safety conditions
• Confirm all metal detectors are performing properly at all times
• Must have complete knowledge of GMP’s and must notify Supervisor if anything is not in compliance with GMP’s or Product Specification
• Responsible for monitoring continuously GMP compliance for all Employees, Contractors, Vendors or Visitors
• Monitor the mixing process area for the bread and roll lines and monitor Lot traceability of ingredients
• Check temperature of sensitive raw materials upon receiving.
• Maintain proper calibration of product testing equipment (thermometers and hand scales)
• May be required to place on hold any questionable product
• Collect retention samples and maintain product retention for consumer complaints and process control as per specifications
• Cross over and walk the process together with the relieving shift QA Technician at the end of the shift
• Check and record flour-sifting tailings one time per shift.
• Maintain ongoing Temperature Logs for various raw materials, freezers and finished product.
• Audit conditions of docks, freezers, staging areas and of trailers
• Work closely with production team to complete a Food Safety Incident Report if an incident occurs
• Assist in a Monthly Facility Audit as required and assist with document control, in the review of quality documents
• Perform all special requests as assigned by the Quality Assurance Manager
Work requires some physical strain such as long periods of standing and walking in production facility. Must be able to lift approximately 25 pounds.
Working around moving machines in production area. Protective clothing such as uniform, gloves and shoes may be required.
Candidate MUST be able to work a steady work schedule and report to work every day, on time, have reliable transportation