T. Marzetti Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Lancaster Colony Corporation (NASDAQ: LANC), is a manufacturer and marketer of specialty food products for the retail and foodservice markets. Our retail brands include Marzetti®, New York Bakery™, Sister Schubert’s®, Reames®, Flatout®, Angelic Bakehouse®, and Bantam Bagels®, in addition to exclusive license agreements for Olive Garden® dressings, Chick-fil-A® sauces and Buffalo Wild Wings® sauces. Our foodservice business supplies many of the top restaurant chains in the United States.
At T. Marzetti, our mission is to be The Better Food Company: Better people, that make better products, in a better corporate culture, that work in unison to make the world a better place. Led by our purpose, To Nourish Growth with All that We Do, our more than 3,000 team members are dedicated to innovative and quality products as well as superior service and value for our customers.
This role is a key contributor to the company’s strategic vision to becoming The Better Food Company by delivering on our innovation agenda. Responsibilities include identifying and developing new products and end-to-end project management throughout the project(s) life cycle, from conceptualization to commercialization.
· Delivers on financial commitments for new items contribution to topline sales and profit targets as part of annual planning process
· Identifies white space opportunities to deliver compelling new product solutions consistent with enterprise/brand strategies
· Lead all aspects of concept development for assigned new items, including target consumer, insights, benefit, price point
· Comprehensive oversight and decision making on all aspects of new product project management, including critical path milestones, detailed timelines, workflows to guide cross functional project execution
· Adheres to all aspects of stage gate processes, ensuring timeliness, accuracy and stakeholder alignment to all deliverables
· Champions innovation efforts with all levels of Brand Management, Finance, Strategy, Sales, Sales Strategy & Insights, Insights, R&D, Supply Chain, etc.
· Leverage internal and external resources to identify relevant trends/insights to build into new item development plans
· Partner with Brand team to ensure all new items in development fits with each brands’ purpose and priorities
· Partner with Insights team to maximize the success of assigned initiatives or identify new initiatives
· Partner with Finance team to assess financial viability of assigned initiatives, consistent with organizational imperative of sustainable profitable growth
· Navigate and understand internal versus external capabilities in assessing viability of each project
· Serves as central point of project communication and provides upward communication to key stakeholders.
· Establish and track all project KPIs and demonstrates holistic understanding of assigned categories and initiatives.
· Assure compliance with regulatory packaging requirements
· Bachelor's Degree required in Marketing, Product Development or related field. MBA preferred.
· 5-7 years CPG industry experience in brand management or Innovation (Innovation experience a plus). Experience within the food/beverage industry preferred.
At T. Marzetti, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect for everyone. We strongly encourage veterans, women, people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.