T. Marzetti Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Lancaster Colony Corporation (NASDAQ: LANC), is a manufacturer and marketer of specialty food products for the retail and foodservice markets. Our retail brands include Marzetti®, New York Bakery™, Sister Schubert’s®, Reames®, Flatout®, Angelic Bakehouse®, and Bantam Bagels®, in addition to exclusive license agreements for Olive Garden® dressings, Chick-fil-A® sauces and Buffalo Wild Wings® sauces. Our foodservice business supplies many of the top restaurant chains in the United States.
At T. Marzetti, our mission is to be The Better Food Company: Better people, that make better products, in a better corporate culture, that work in unison to make the world a better place. Led by our purpose, To Nourish Growth with All that We Do, our more than 3,000 team members are dedicated to innovative and quality products as well as superior service and value for our customers.
Responsible for all office tasks, including but not limited to Appointment Scheduler, Check Point, Operations and Front Desk, on a rotating basis. This will be Sunday-Thursday, day shift.
* Make appointments for customers and carriers, inbound and outbound.
* Maintain daily appointment log using Excel program
* Maintain Vehicle Scheduling
* Gather shipping information to input into DC Service Level report.
* Assign loads to warehouse loaders
* Ensure all picks have been completed and verify quantities loaded against the
quantity on the bill of lading before time of loading
* Maintain condition codes on outbounds
* Research and correct any variances between loaded quantity and billed quantity
* Track all shortages and assign cut codes before assigning loads to warehouse
* Create and print export paperwork. Match export documents to the bills of lading
and give to the Front Window
* Responsible for accurate and timely loading
* Monitor late arrivals for appointments and reschedule without affecting operation or
other carrier appointments
* Process bills of lading and deliver to the Front Window
* Verify and maintain pallet entries
* Expedite verified and completed bills of lading to the front desk
* Answer all incoming calls. Take messages and transfer calls as needed
* Fax bills of ladings to Customer Support and carriers as needed
* Ensure all dropped trailers are loaded accurately and in a timely manner
* Ensure MKAL peddles are loaded accurately and in a timely manner
* Report trailer numbers to the Fleet Dept.
* Oversee cross-docks, create and assign shipment numbers to cross-docks, and enter
into the system.
* Responsible for coordinating operations between drivers and warehouse operations
to ensure loads are handled as quickly and efficiently as possible
* Check in/out all inbound and outbound drivers using Vehicle Scheduling
* Update daily outbound log; manual and Excel spreadsheet on ‘S’ drive
* Assign trailers to dock doors based on staging lanes and condition codes
* Track and maintain status of all trailers in the yard, and maintain accurate
information on the board detailing trailers in doors, on pad, etc.
* Provide communication between Operations Managers, Warehouse Leads, drivers,
carriers and brokers regarding the status of loads
* Communicate with Checkpoint on status of orders if they are not ready when
* Perform receptionist duties, including, but not limited to, greeting visitors, handing
out visitor badges, and notifying personnel when they have a visitor.
* Working with radios (CB and handheld)
* Sorting mail
* Filing completed bills of lading and pick lists
* Responsible for coordination between warehouse operations and office to ensure
orders are filled in a timely and accurate manner
* Run batches to reserve product for order fill
* Create and delete order fill trips for warehouse operations
* Fill shortages, as needed, by manually reserving product when it becomes available
in warehouse locations
* Ensure drops are assigned and performed by warehouse to fill case pick orders
* Audit FIFO report to ensure product rotation
* Sort and stamp pick sheets according to customer requirements.
* Highlight pertinent information printed on pick sheets as per standard text
maintained by corporate Customer Support
* Serve as back-up on all desks during absences and breaks as needed
* Other duties as required or directed by management
Education, Training, and Experience
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Previous experience in a warehouse or distribution environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced work environment
* Data entry skills - AS400 database
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
Works in an office and warehouse environment where the employee is regularly required to speak, see, read, sit, stand, walk, write, occasionally bend while moving about the facility, and operate printers, computer, fax machine, and multi-line telephone. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes, odors, dust, oil, wet floors, forklift traffic and the risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the office is moderate and loud in the warehouse. Earplugs and hairnets may be required within the facility in accordance with GMP and safety standards.
At T. Marzetti, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect for everyone. We strongly encourage veterans, women, people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.