T. Marzetti Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Lancaster Colony Corporation (NASDAQ: LANC), is a manufacturer and marketer of specialty food products for the retail and foodservice markets. Our retail brands include Marzetti®, New York Bakery™, Sister Schubert’s®, Reames®, Flatout®, Angelic Bakehouse®, and Bantam Bagels®, in addition to exclusive license agreements for Olive Garden® dressings, Chick-fil-A® sauces and Buffalo Wild Wings® sauces. Our foodservice business supplies many of the top restaurant chains in the United States.
At T. Marzetti, our mission is to be The Better Food Company: Better people, that make better products, in a better corporate culture, that work in unison to make the world a better place. Led by our purpose, To Nourish Growth with All that We Do, our more than 3,000 team members are dedicated to innovative and quality products as well as superior service and value for our customers.
Coordinate communication between production facilities and the Freezer in order to ensure the transfer of product in a timely and efficient manner.
Responsible for ensuring the efficiency, security and trouble-free operation of computer systems for the facility. Responsible for all office tasks, including but not limited to Appointment Scheduler, Check Point, Ops Desk (back window), Front Desk and Systems Contact on a rotating basis.
This position will have hours of 10 am to 6 pm Tuesday - Friday and a morning shift on Saturday.
* Trouble shoot system issues on PC, Prism, Labelers, Copiers and Printer.
* Serves as a contact point for Corporate IT
* Maintain Databases for warehousing and transportation, spreadsheets and perform data entry.
* Compile and maintain product shortage research for the facility.
* Liaison between co-packers and customers/warehouse operations/Customer Support.
* Responsible for Access Points, RF Units and Scanner, maintenance.
* Communicate anticipated daily shortages to the all production facilities and Corporate Customer Support.
* Makes appointments for customers and carriers, inbound and outbound and maintains daily appointment log utilizing Excel and maintains Vehicle Scheduling
* Assign loads to warehouse loaders and ensure accurate and timely loading
* Ensure all picks have been completed and verify quantities loaded against the
quantity on the Bill of Lading before time of loading
* Maintain condition codes on outbound loads
* Research and correct any variances between loaded quantity and billed quantity
* Track all shortages and assign cut codes before assigning loads to warehouse
* Monitor late arrivals for appointments and reschedule without affecting operation or
other carrier appointments
* Verify and maintain pallet entries
* Process and expedite verified and completed Bills of Lading
* Oversee cross-docks, create and assign shipment numbers to cross-docks, and enter
into the system.
* Responsible for coordinating operations between drivers and warehouse operations
to ensure loads are handled as quickly and efficiently as possible
* Check in/out all inbound and outbound drivers using Vehicle Scheduling
* Assign, track and maintain status of all trailers in the yard, and maintain accurate
information on the board detailing trailers in doors, on pad, etc.
* Communicate between Operations Managers, Warehouse Leads, drivers,
carriers and brokers regarding the status of loads and with Checkpoint on the status of orders
* Perform access control responsibilities and Bill of Lading control
* Responsible for coordination between warehouse operations and office, run batches, fill shortages, audit FIFO report for warehouse operations.
Education, Training, and Experience:
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Previous experience in a warehouse or distribution environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Ability to troubleshoot systems issues (PC, Prism, labelers, copiers and printers)
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
* Data entry skills - AS400 database
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Proficient on PC usage
* Working knowledge of Excel and MS Word
Works in an office and warehouse environment where the employee is regularly required to speak, see, read, sit, stand, walk, write, occasionally bend while moving about the facility, and operate printers, computer, fax machine, and multi-line telephone. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes, odors, dust, oil, wet floors, forklift traffic and the risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the office is moderate and loud in the warehouse. Earplugs and hairnets may be required within the facility in accordance with GMP and safety standards. Working operations may require some tasks to be performed in a Freezer environment, continuous temperate is maintained at -10* Fahrenheit in the box and 35* Fahrenheit on the dock.
At T. Marzetti, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect for everyone. We strongly encourage veterans, women, people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.