T. Marzetti Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Lancaster Colony Corporation (NASDAQ: LANC), is a manufacturer and marketer of specialty food products for the retail and foodservice markets. Our retail brands include Marzetti®, New York Bakery™, Sister Schubert’s®, Reames®, Flatout®, Angelic Bakehouse®, and Bantam Bagels®, in addition to exclusive license agreements for Olive Garden® dressings, Chick-fil-A® sauces and Buffalo Wild Wings® sauces. Our foodservice business supplies many of the top restaurant chains in the United States.
At T. Marzetti, our mission is to be The Better Food Company: Better people, that make better products, in a better corporate culture, that work in unison to make the world a better place. Led by our purpose, To Nourish Growth with All that We Do, our more than 3,000 team members are dedicated to innovative and quality products as well as superior service and value for our customers.
Responsible for implementation of existing processes and configuring manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve productivity and develop best practices within the production process.
Directs the plant’s production activities on a designated shift in a safe and efficient manner to achieve the desired quality, quantity and timely production of product. Assures quality and safety while achieving established goals and objectives.
· Maintains highest standard of Safety for all functions on an ongoing basis and ensures compliance for self and others to OSHA standards.
· Ensures a disciplined and safe work environment.
· Responsible for providing a safe working environment including compliance with company, state, local and federal policies and regulations.
· Ensures company standards for cleanliness, food and equipment safety and efficient productivity.
· Ensures plant & maintenance area to be in compliance with Quality standards.
· Ensures compliance to quality, food safety and HAACP support programs; assures conformity to all company, customer and government standards.
TEAMWORK: · Effectively communicates verbally and written with Team Members, Management, Customers & Vendors and ensures compliance to this.
· Works respectfully with all team members to ensure the Safety, Quality, production and support of our products and goals on a daily basis.
· Ensure proper staff coordination and communication.
· Actively participates as a member of the factory's Sr. Leadership team; special projects or tasks when necessary.
· Provides training, direction, development, evaluation, coaching and leadership and mentoring to subordinates.
· Use modern management techniques to promote team building and to allow decision making at the lowest level.
· Actively participates in department/shift/team meetings and facilitates improvement/resolutions & follow-up to employees.
· Responsible for the coordination of materials, equipment and employees on a given shift in order to produce quality hearth-baked product as efficiently as possible.
· Supervise a team of employees in the most efficient method within all rules and regulations established by NYFF to achieve all established goals
·Maintain good employee relations
· Establish and guide proactive training programs for the growth and development of all employees.
· Enforce all quality, safety, security and NYFF policies, rules and regulations to eliminate all potential injury factors from the workplace
· Ensure all production line set-ups and changeovers are efficiently coordinated to minimize downtime
· Coordinate all production activities and procedures in order to meet all thru-put and efficiency goals
· Train employees and implement all programs to minimize waste and increase recovery of product
· Ensure all food safety and quality standards are maintained
· Utilize all available resources and support groups to meet or exceed all NYFF goals
· Be the leader of a team approach to accountability and ownership
· Follow and enforce all union contract standards
· Ensure all daily schedules are attainable in regards to equipment, employees, and raw materials
·Follow on a daily basis all labor standards and ensure the plat and operation are kept in a clean and orderly manner
· Communicate and enforce all NYFF and government standards and programs.
· Be a leader to all NYFF employees in a manner, appearance and behavior
· Be a team player with all departments
· 3-5 years of relevant experience.
·Working knowledge of scheduling and production processes.
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
· Analytical thinker with interpersonal skills.
· Positive leadership and self-motivation skills.
· Strong organizational abilities, capable of multi-tasking.
· Working knowledge of manufacturing equipment, mechanical processes and proven troubleshooting skills.
· Ability to read & interpret written & verbal direction while working in a safe, effective & productive manner within a fast paced environment.
Works in a manufacturing environment where the employee is regularly required to speak, read and comprehend, sit, stand, walk, reach, lift, grasp, climb and bend while working in a fast-paced production environment. May be required to work outside of regular business hours and/or weekends, as needed. The employee is regularly exposed to heat, fumes, odors, dust, oil, slippery floors, moving parts/equipment and non-toxic industrial waste and scrap. The noise level in the plant is loud. Earplugs, hairnets and steel toed shoes are required.
SLIP-RESISTANT/Steel-toed SHOES, Earplugs, hairnets, beard nets (if facial hair exists) are required to be worn/used in accordance with company GMP and Safety standards.
Normal working hours for this position would be Saturday 11pm through Friday 7am.
At T. Marzetti, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect for everyone. We strongly encourage veterans, women, people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.